User can click on the[Plus] button to create new folder at root level of the Folders & files module
User can create new folder, upload new files and create MS Office files (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) from inside any folder.
Creating new folders at root-level or inside any folder:
- Click the [Create new folder] button to open a popup box where user will enter the name of the folder to be created within the Folders & files module
Screenshot below displays the ‘Create folder’ popup screen:
- Enter the name of the folder and click the [Create] button to create a new folder within the Folders & files module.
- Click the [Upload files] button to upload new files inside any folder of the Folders & files module
Screenshot below displays the file selection for upload from device drive:
- Select New Copy or New Revision in case you are uploading a duplicate copy of the same file.
- If you select 'New copy' then the file to be uploaded will be a new copy of the existing file. An extension Copy(1) will be appended at the end of the file name.
- If you select 'New Revision' then the file to be uploaded will be a new revision of the existing file meaning that if both the files have same name then the previous file will be replaced by the newly uploaded file. The previous version of the file will not be displayed on the file grid. It will be displayed under the File history/versions tab of the file information pop-up box. To access the File history/versions tab you have to click on the button and from the menu list click on the [Get Info] button to see the information of the document. You have to click on [Show other properties] where you will find the File history/versions tab.
- On clicking [Select files] button a new dialogue box of device drive will open. Select one or more files and click the [Open] button to start uploading the selected files.
- And then click the [Upload] button to successfully upload the files.
The ‘Upload’ popup will show identification mark that a file has been successfully uploaded. There will be option to stop an upload in progress.
While the selected files are getting uploaded, you can work and do other operations in the app as you do not need to wait till the upload gets finished.
After completion of upload, the uploaded files are shown inside the folder where these were uploaded.
Screenshot below displays the two newly uploaded files: