Search for equipment in the ARC Facilities application using:
- Keywords - The application will search for user-entered keyword matching equipment attributes. Equipment with matching attributes will be returned as search results.
- Tags – create and associate tags (a string of texts) with equipment. Select tags and the application will search and return those tags which are associated with the selected tags.
The subsequent sections of this document describe the following types of search functionalities:
- Modular Search - Searching Equipment Using Keyword under Equipment screen.
- Equipment Name Search - Search using equipment on the Equipment list screen.
- Tag Search -- Searching Equipment with Tags under Equipment screen.
To search at a modular level, enter a keyword in the modular search text box and the application will return equipment names matching the keyword from the campus within which the search is being conducted.
- Enter the search keyword in the ‘Modular search’ text box and then click the [Search] button.
The application will search for the entered keyword (for example - 'AC inverter') in the Equipment module in the campus and will return the results accordingly as shown below in the screenshot,
From the search result screen, user can expand the search with the keyword to other modules of the same campus or other modules of multiple or all campuses.
Equipment Name Search
Enter any search keyword within the search text box on the Equipment dashboard screen or Equipment list screen and the application will search for the keyword by matching equipment names. If the whole or portion of the keyword matches with names of an equipment, then the application will return that equipment in the search result on the Equipment list screen.
- Enter the search keyword in the ‘Search’ text box on the Equipment list or Equipment dashboard screen.
Fig: Search keyword ('AC') entered on the ‘Search’ text box:
- Click on the ‘Enter’ button to search for equipment. The application will return and display any equipment that has attributes matching the keyword, as search results on the equipment search results screen.
Fig: Equipment search screen displaying the search results
Users can click the [Filter] button to narrow down the search results by selecting only specific attributes of the equipment. The application will search for the entered keyword within the selected attributes only. The attributes include Equipment name, Serial number, Description, Building.
Fig: Filtering options
To create and associate tags with equipment, select those tags, and the application will return the equipment's which are associated with the tags. Click on any tag on the Equipment dashboard or Equipment list screen and the application will return the equipment (which are associated with the selected tags) as search results). As soon as the user clicks on a tag, the application returns the equipment associated with the tags immediately and displays equipment on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on any tag [highlighted with a red rectangle in the screenshot below] and the application will return the equipment associated with the tags as search results and display equipment on the right-hand side of the screen.
Fig: Selected tags & equipment returned as search results associated with the selected tag [selected tag highlighted with red rectangle]
If the user selects more tags (after selecting one tag) then the application will modify the search results accordingly. For subsequent tag selection, the application will return equipment associated with the newly selected tags.