Users can search for forms in the ARC Facilities app using:
- Keywords - The application will search for user-entered keyword matching form attributes. Forms with matching attributes will be fetched as search results.
- Tags – User will create and associate tags (a string of texts) with forms. Users will select tags and the application will search and fetch those tags which are associated with the selected tags.
The search is of three types – Modular search, Form name search & Search using tags.
Template Name Search
After the user enters the Forms module, the Forms screen appears displaying the template list. On this screen at the top, there is a ‘Search’ textbox. Enter the search keyword and the application will automatically fetch those templates whose names are matching with the entered keyword.
For example, if the user enters the keyword ‘Audit’, the application will fetch the templates whose names have the keyword ‘Audit’ [this shown in the screenshot above].
Form Name Search
Users can conduct a modular search from within a particular template. When the user enters a template from the Forms screen, the screen appears displaying all the forms within the template. On this screen also, at the top, there is a ‘Search’ textbox.
- Enter the form number as the search keyword and the application will automatically fetch those templates whose numbers are matching with the entered keyword.
Note: Users are allowed to enter only Form numbers within this search textbox.
For example, if the user enters the keyword ‘45’ (which is a form number), then the application will fetch the forms whose number is the entered keyword ‘45’ [this is shown in the screenshot above].
Click on the [Advanced search] button to open the advanced search filter options.
From this screen, the user can filter the search results by:
Click on the arrow beside the ‘Submitter’ row and the submitter names will appear under the pop-up ‘Select a submitter’.
- Tick the checkbox to select the desired submitter(s) (could be more than one)
- Select the [Apply] button and the application will move the user back to the Advanced search pop-up
The [Search] button will now appear as enabled, and the Submitter checkbox will appear selected.
- Click the [Search] button and the application will fetch those forms whose submitter name matches with the selected submitter.
Note: Similarly, the user can narrow down the search results by selecting ‘Approver’.
Selecting form date
Select ‘To/From’ dates. Hence, the app will fetch those forms created within the selected date range.
You can search for templates using tags. On the Forms dashboard screen (which appears after you enter the ‘forms’ module), a number of tags are displayed on the right side of the screen. These tags are added and associated with the form template during the time of uploading a template.
Users can click on any tag on the Forms screen and the application will fetch the templates (which are associated with the selected tags) as search results. As soon as the user clicks on a tag, the application fetches the templates associated with the tags immediately and displays those templates on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on any tag [highlighted with a red rectangle in the screenshot below] and the application will instantaneously fetch the templates associated with the tags as a search result and display those templates on the right-hand side of the screen.
Fig: Selected tags & templates fetched as search results associated with the selected tag [selected tag highlighted with red rectangle]
Other tags associated with the templates (fetched as a search result) are also displayed under the ‘Tags’ section. If the user selects more tags (after selecting one tag) then the application will modify the search results accordingly. For subsequent tag selection, the application will fetch those templates which are associated with all the selected tags. Users can click on a template row on the search result screen to view and work with the forms created using that template.