Linking Files with Form
Users can upload files from ARC Facilities folders or from a local computer by clicking the [+ Add] button beside the Linked file section.
Attaching files from ARC Facilities
- Click on the ‘ARC Facilities’ option to attach files from the Folders & Files module.
The Folders & Files module's first screen will appear displaying all the folders.
- Navigate inside a folder to view the files.
- Click on the file(s) to choose the files to be linked and then click [Done] to attach the files with the form
Attaching Files from Computer
Click on the ‘Computer’ menu option to attach files from the local computer drive.
- Double-click on a file to select it or single-click on a file to select it and then click on the [Open] button to attach the file(s) with the form.
The screenshot below displays the attached files:
Users can download the file to the local computer (if the file is attached from ARC Facilities) and/or delete the linked file from the application.
Similarly, users can attach images from ARC Facilities Album module or images from the device gallery by clicking the [Add] button beside the Add photos section.
Attach photos from local computer
- Click on the [Computer] button on the drop-down and the window through which the user can select images from the local computer will appear.
- Double-click on one or more photos to select those photos or select one or more photos and click the [Open] button to upload and then attach those photos with the form.
To attach photos from ARC Facilities
- Click on the [ARC Facilities] button to attach photos from the Album module of the ARC Facilities app.
The Album module of ARC Facilities will display the Albums saved inside that module. Move inside an album to view the photos within it (as an example ‘AC photos’ is an album shown in the screenshot above).
- Click on the photo to select it (more than one photo can be selected).
- Now, click on the [Done] button to attach the photo with the equipment
After attaching a photo from a computer or a photo from the Album module of the ARC Facilities app, it is displayed on the Add photos section.
- Click on the attached photo to view it in larger mode.
When the user moves the mouse cursor over the attached photo, a [More options] button will appear
- Click on the [More options] button and a drop-down will appear displaying two options.
- Click on the [Delete] button to remove the photo attachment from the equipment.
- Click on the [Download] button to download the photo on the computer (if it is attached from the ARC Facilities Album module).
Users can add any comments (optional) and the entered comment will be displayed under the Activity section (in red color as shown below).
Also, any status change for the form is displayed in the Activity section (in green color). Any form created will by default be saved as draft.
- Hence, click the [Draft] button to create and save the form under the template but the application will not send the draft to any user.
Note: even if you click the [Back] button before clicking the [Draft] button the form will be saved as draft.
- Otherwise, click the [Submit] button to create as well as submit the form to the selected approving authority.
The following scenarios may occur after form creation:
- If the template (based on which the form is created) has any approving authority (with approval type as ‘Single approval required’ or ‘All must approve’), then after clicking the [Submit] button, the form is sent to the approving authorities for approval (the status of the form in this case becomes ‘Pending’).
- If the form does not have an approving authority (with approval type as ‘No approval required’), then after clicking the [Submit] button, the form is simply saved with status as ‘Approved’.
The newly created form is displayed under the template (based on which the form is created).
Fig: Newly created form under a template (Status: Approved as approval type is ‘No approval required’)