Steps for creating the PINs are stated below.
- Open the ARC Facilities app and navigate to the Folders & Files module.
- Move inside a folder where the PDF document within which the building plan exists (this document should be the floor plan or map of the campus building inside which the equipment whose location is pinned exists).
- Open the document through the Viewer to create the PIN
- After the document opens, click the PIN annotation (highlighted in green rectangle in screenshot above) on the toolbar and then click the location on the floor plan where the PIN is to be placed.
As soon as you place the PIN, the Create PIN modal will open, with options to select an icon, attach photos/videos, add a description, or to link to equipment, documents, or PDF reports and to add notes.
To create a PIN, only PIN icon selection is mandatory but rest of options like attaching photo/video, item linking (equipment association, form association, file linking) as well as description & note entry is optional. Hence, a user can create a PIN by only selecting the PIN icon (but this PIN without any items linked will not serve any real purpose).
Users can select the icon for the PIN from a list of predefined icons. These icons identify the type of equipment whose location is being determined. The library of icons includes the name and an identifier image for the equipment. Click the ‘Change icon’ dropdown and select the new icon from the list.
- Select the suitable icon to complete the icon change procedure.
After the icon is selected, the general icon of the PIN is then updated and displayed on the drawing in the viewer. The icons of equipment include.
From the Create PIN screen, users can add photos and videos of the equipment by clicking the + icon at the top of the screen. After user clicks the [Add photo/video Plus icon] button, the Add from drop-down appears. This drop-down will show two options: Computer & ARC Facilities.
To attach photos from local computer:
- Click the [Computer] button on the drop-down and the window through which user can select images from the local computer will appear.
- Double-click on one or more photos or select one or more photos and click the [Open] button to upload and then attach those photos with the PIN.
To attach photos from ARC Facilities:
Click the [ARC Facilities] button to attach photos from the Album module of the ARC Facilities app.
The Album module of ARC Facilities will display the Albums/photos saved inside that module.
- Move inside an album to view the photos within it (as an example ‘AC photos’ is an album shown in the screenshot above).
- Click on the photo to select it (more than one photo can be selected).
- Now, click on [Done] button to attach the photo with the equipment
After attaching a photo/video from local computer or a photo from Album module of ARC Facilities app it is displayed on the top portion of the Create pin screen [highlighted on the screenshot below using green rectangle].
Note: Similarly, videos can be attached from local computer and ARC Facilities
When user moves the mouse cursor over the attached photo, a [More options] button will appear. Click on the [More options] button and a drop-down will appear displaying the [Remove] button.
- Click the [Remove] button to detach the photo attachment from the PIN.
The original photo will remain is place from where it has been attached.
- Click on the attached photo[the photo thumbnail highlighted in the screenshot above] to open it through the photo editor.
User can draw various markups on the photo like a straight line, rectangle, ellipse, freehand line, enter text within a textbox.
- As an example, click on markup button like [Line] and then left click & then holding the click move the mouse cursor over the photo to draw the line.
- Use the mouse scroll button to zoom in & out of the photo.
- Click the [Rotate] button to rotate the photo by 90 degrees upto 360 degrees.
- Click the [Settings] button to change color and thickness of the drawn markups.
- Click the [Undo & Redo] buttons to revert changes and get back previous changes.
- In the end, click [Save] button to save the changes
Fig: Equipment photo with markups drawn on it & opened settings pop-up
User can click the [Plus] button again on the Create PIN screen to associate more photos/videos with the equipment.
On the Create PIN screen,
- Enter a general description of the PIN location under the Description section.
Screenshot below displays the Description section.
On the Create PIN screen,
- Enter notes on the PIN location under the Notes section.
Screenshot below displays the Notes section.