User can search for forms in the ARC Facilities app using:
- Keywords - Application will search for user-entered keyword matching form attributes. Forms with matching attributes will be fetched as search results.
- Tags – User will create and associate tags (string of texts) with forms. User will select tags and application will search and fetch those tags which are associated with the selected tags.
The search is of three types – Global search, Modular search & Search using tag.
User can conduct search at global level i.e. enter keyword in the global search textbox and application will fetch search results like file, photos, equipments, folders, campuses, forms matching the keyword. Click the [Global Search] button to open the search pop-up screen.
Enter the search keyword in the ‘Global search’ textbox and then click the [Search] button. Application will search for the entered keyword in the whole application and will fetch the results accordingly. The result may include anything matching the keyword like files, folders, equipments, forms, photos etc.
Enter the search keyword and if you want to restrict the search within a certain module (i.e. want the application to search for the keyword within the selected modules only) then click on the module drop-down (present on the top right-hand corner of the global search pop-up screen) and select the desired module.
Application will search for the entered keyword within the selected module(s) only and will accordingly display the search results matching the keyword.
Modular Search – Template Level
After user enters the Forms module, the Forms screen appears displaying the template list. On this screen at the top, there is a ‘Search’ textbox. Enter the search keyword and application will automatically fetch those templates whose names are matching with the entered keyword.
For example, if user enters the keyword ‘Audit’, the application will fetch the templates whose names have the keyword ‘Audit’ [this shown in the screenshot above].
User can conduct modular search from within a particular template. When user enters a template from the Forms screen, the screen appears displaying all the forms within the template. On this screen also, at the top, there is a ‘Search’ textbox.
- Enter the form number as the search keyword and application will automatically fetch those templates whose numbers are matching with the entered keyword.
Note: Users are allowed to enter only Form number within this search textbox.
For example, if user enters the keyword ‘45’ (which is a form number), then application will fetch the forms whose number is the entered keyword ‘45’ [this shown in the screenshot above].
Click on [Advanced search] button to open the advanced search filter options.
From this screen, user can filter the search results by:
Click the arrow beside the ‘Submitter’ row and the submitter names will appear under the pop-up ‘Select a submitter’.
- Tick the checkbox to select the desired submitter(s) (could be more than one)
- Select the [Apply] button and application will move user back to the Advanced search pop-up
The [Search] button will now appear as enabled, and Submitter checkbox will appear selected.
- Click the [Search] button and application will fetch those forms whose submitter name matches with the selected submitter.
Note: Similarly, user can narrow down the search results by selecting ‘Approver’.
Selecting form date
Select ‘To/From’ dates. Hence, app will fetch those forms created within the selected date range.
You can search for templates using tags. On the Forms dashboard screen (which appears after you enter the ‘forms’ module), a number of tags are displayed at the right-side of the screen. These tags are added and associated with form template during the time of uploading a template.
User can click on any tag on the Forms screen and application will fetch the templates (which are associated with the selected tags) as search results. As soon as user clicks on a tag, application fetches the templates associated with the tags immediately and displays those templates on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on any tag [highlighted with red rectangle in the screenshot below] and application will instantaneously fetch the templates associated with the tags as search result and display those templates on the right-hand side of the screen.
Fig: Selected tags & templates fetched as search results associated with the selected tag [selected tag highlighted with red rectangle]
Other tags associated with the templates (fetched as search result) are also displayed under the ‘Tags’ section. If user selects more tags (after selecting one tag) then application will modify the search results accordingly. For subsequent tag selection, the application will fetch those templates which are associated with all the selected tags. User can click on a template row on the search result screen to view and work with the forms created using that template.