Search for equipment in the ARC Facilities application using:
- Keywords - Application will search for user-entered keyword matching equipment attributes. Equipment with matching attributes will be returned as search results.
- Tags – create and associate tags (string of texts) with equipment. Select tags and the application will search and return those tags which are associated with the selected tags.
The subsequent sections of this document describes the following types of search functionalities:
- Global Search - Searching Equipment Globally
- Modular Search - Searching Equipment Using Keyword
- Tag Search -- Searching Equipment with Tags
To search at a global level, enter keyword in the global search text box and the application will return search results like file, photo, forms, folders, campuses, equipment matching the keyword.
- Click the [Global Search] button to open the search pop-up screen.
- Enter the search keyword in the ‘Global search’ text box and then click the [Search] button
Application will search for the entered keyword in the whole application and will return the results accordingly.
- Enter the search keyword and if you want to restrict the search within a certain module (i.e. search for the keyword within the selected modules only) and then click on the module drop-down (presented on the top right-hand corner of the global search pop-up screen).
Application will search for the entered keyword within the selected module(s) only and will accordingly display the search results matching the keyword.
Modular Search - Searching Equipment Using Keyword
Search from within the Equipment module. Enter any search keyword within the search text box on the Equipment dashboard screen or Equipment list screen and application will search for the keyword by matching various attributes of the equipment. The attributes include Equipment name, Serial number, Description, Building, Floor, Area, Model, Manufacturer, Documents, Forms, Parts. If the whole or portion of the keyword matches with any of the attributes of an equipment, then application will return that equipment in the search result.
- Enter the search keyword in the ‘Search’ text box on the Equipment list or Equipment dashboard screen.
Fig: Search keyword entered on the ‘Search’ text box:
- Click on the ‘Enter’ button to search for equipment. Application will return and display any equipment that have attributes matching the keyword, as search results on the equipment search results screen.
Fig: Equipment search screen displaying the search results
User can click the [Filter] button to narrow down the search results by selecting only specific attributes of the equipment. Application will search for the entered keyword within the selected attributes only. The attributes include Equipment name, Serial number, Description, Building.
Fig: Filtering options
Tag Search -- Searching Equipment with Tags
To create and associate tags with equipment, select those tags, and the application will return equipment which are associated with the tags. Click on any tag on the Equipment dashboard or Equipment list screen and application will return the equipment (which are associated with the selected tags) as search results). As soon as user clicks on a tag, application return the equipment associated with the tags immediately and displays equipment on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on any tag [highlighted with red rectangle in the screenshot above] and application will return the equipment associated with the tags as search results and display equipment on the right-hand side of the screen.
Fig: Selected tags & equipment returned as search results associated with the selected tag [selected tag highlighted with red rectangle]
If user selects more tags (after selecting one tag) then application will modify the search results accordingly. For subsequent tag selection, the application will return equipment associated with the newly selected tags.