Search by File Name
Follow the given procedure to search files from among the displayed file list (on the right-hand side grid under the Campus Files section) under a specific folder:
- Open the Folders & Files screen of a campus.
- Select the Folder from the right-hand side grid to display the files under the folder on the left-hand side grid.
- You can view the File Search section at the top of the left side grid section under which the list of files are displayed. The search textbox is displayed below.
- Enter search string or keywords in the Search by file name text box.
- Click (Search button). The search for the entered keyword will be carried out by the application in the file name. Those files matching the entered search string will be displayed as a search result.
Note: Click Reset button to roll back to the original list view before the search was carried out.
Fig: Files matching the keyword 'A2' in the file names are fetched as search result by the application
Follow the procedure below to find out specific files using 'Advanced Search for files'
- Access the Advanced Search option by clicking on the top right side of the screen over the file grid view section.
- Searching with the Advanced Search Tool will allow you to narrow your results to a much smaller subset of documents based on search criteria. To use this tool, click on the magnifying glass or the Advanced Search option under the [More Options] tab. There are several ways to use this search.
- Typing a keyword in the search box will search within all documents for any reference of the word searched in any project. Application will carry out search on the document meta-data and the file content within all the files of the selected folder. For example, enter the keyword 'Spec' and click the [Search] button.
Application will fetch the files which have the keyword in file name, title, description and in content.
Fig: Search result
- Click 'View keyword matches' link to view the keyword match with a file which has been fetched as search result.
Fig: Where the keyword is found in the document is highlighted in screenshot below.
User can also search using the custom attributes:
- Selecting a Custom attribute like 'Document Type' and searching for files with the word “Plans” will fetch those documents which have the custom field as "Plans" under the custom attribute 'Document Type'.
Fig: Keyword 'Plans' entered for Custom attribute 'Document Type'
Hence, application will fetch those documents which have the custom field value as 'Plans' under the custom attribute column 'DocumentType'.
Fig: Documents fetched as search results